Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink software update changes

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yeah my Samsung used to work just fine too.
Hmm I’ve still got it ‘round here somewhere, might swap the SIM over & take it on next fortnight’s pickup. :)

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Is it an iPhone problem? My Samsung works fine.

Yep my s9+ works fine too.
Apple has a habbit of breaking things and calling it "innovation" and thats why getting an apple device is considered a downgrade :D

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Yep my s9+ works fine too.
Apple has a habbit of breaking things and calling it "innovation" and thats why getting an apple device is considered a downgrade :D
See the Apple fanbois get all upset! All of my family's Androids connect perfectly, unlike Apple's "superior" product with one button to do everything. Mother in law's iPhone can't connect reliably no matter how many times the single button is pressed.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
See the Apple fanbois get all upset! All of my family's Androids connect perfectly, unlike Apple's "superior" product with one button to do everything. Mother in law's iPhone can't connect reliably no matter how many times the single button is pressed.

Can’t say I’ve had a problem with my iPhone. 7 was fine and my brand new XR is fine.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

I know, the people that are hooked on the apple ecosystem are the only ones who think its a superior product when the products are usually substandard and of poor build quality.
just look on youtube for "Louis Rossmann" or "Jessa Jones" and watch them explain time after time the manufacturing floors that exist in every generation of apple products and how they are fighting apple for the "right to repair" because apple is of the opinion that when you buy their device you don't have the right to have that repaired by anyone but apple which always involves the customer being charged 5x more than a 3rd party repairer and if your device is 5 years old buy a new one because they consider it vintage and will not repair it.

overall apple is a totally crap company and I wouldn't give them a single dollar for their cheap overpriced products :p

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
As someone who doesn’t care and flip-flops ... Apple stuff usually just works & has a more intuitive interface.
I only got the ‘phone because I couldn’t be arsed changing from my current ‘phone provider, and last time I needed a new handset they didn’t have another one which was a reasonable cost & which wasn’t the size of an A3 piece of paper.
It’s been less flaky than the Samsung in general, but the two worse things are that it’s suckier talking to the Commodore & to transfer photos directly to a Windoze PC.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I have to agree on the iphone interface being more simplified and its something that android could take a lesson from.

My problems with apple are not software my concerns are all with the actual hardware mac and phone and how apple responds to the customer.

If holden told you that you are never to modify or repair or have your vf serviced anywhere but with them or it will void any warranty and they might legally go after the 3rd party repair/service group or that after 5 years your vf was classed as vintage and they would not repair it or supply any parts for it and use customs to confiscate any parts a 3rd party repair shop or you might try and import you would probably tell holden to go screw them selves.

I know i would.

That is what apple is doing right now to its customers and people that try to repair an apple product and it is mind blowing that people still support that company.

Last edited:

Fat Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SS
Did you previously use Pandora with a cable? Only downside there is the steering wheel controls to change songs won't work. Bluetooth works great with my Galaxy S8 and Spotify.
Nah mate, only got mine in April 18, so Pandora was gone. Have tried using VPN on phonecapp via bluetooth and that works, but would rather something built into mylink.

Got a service on Friday and asked about Pandora reolacement. Right now, there are no.plans to replace or erven remove defunct app from screen.

Evil Mad Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF2 SSV Ute
Express VPN and Pandora works using the Mylink Pandora app no problems. Samsung s8.