Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RAA Inspection outcome

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
black oil means not serviced or looked after and over spray means a hit and poor repair, wait for a clean well serviced cared for example

Racsop

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Black
Overspray is an indication of a repair, and it's not in a particularly desirable area either. Depending on their definition of "bubbled paint", that could also indicate a poor quality repair - would need to see a picture of it. Colour variation between panels (like the panels are a solid shade different than the one next to it) is also an indication that there could be damage underneath that's just been covered up with the same coloured panels from another car.

Oil seepage is common with age, usually the rocker cover gaskets will start leaking oil down the sides and front of the block. It's a cheap and common fix, they fail eventually on all cars.
Had my mate who worked at Holden look at it, says the stuff listed isn’t anything to worry about. Might need new bushings on the suspension, says oil is common just like yourself. I bought it and booked it in for a service.

Racsop

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Black
As of now, it looks like @Racsop only spent 50 minutes on justcommodores before he ditched the forum.

He joined Yesterday at 10:14 PM
He was last seen Yesterday at 11:04 PM

His last post was #3 :eek:
Haha love this.
Thanks for all the input everyone, all is well at the moment is booked in for a service and is running really well. Few imperfections, it ended up belonging to a friend of my parents. Only found out the day before.

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Had my mate who worked at Holden look at it, says the stuff listed isn’t anything to worry about. Might need new bushings on the suspension, says oil is common just like yourself. I bought it and booked it in for a service.
Get the coolant leak looked at thermostat area not a cheap fix due to hard to get to.

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Sounds like some young bucks hoon car had money to buy it or a gift
you would get same damage if was been used as a 4WD

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Haha love this.
Thanks for all the input everyone, all is well at the moment is booked in for a service and is running really well. Few imperfections, it ended up belonging to a friend of my parents. Only found out the day before.

So why all the paint repairs?

Why has the bonnet been removed and put back on?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

I had a mate who worked at Holden as well, he washed the cars to ensure the vehicles had the appropriate number of swirls in the paint on delivery.

I'd be taking the advice of the RAA inspector and even more so with their report on the poor condition of the bodywork.

But then again, I might be just too particular about how good the condition of my cars should look.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
So let me get this right...

You asked for advice....
Everyone said walk away...

And then you bought it ?

I am fairly confIdent you will be frequenting on the forum from now 

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Hoping it was priced according to condition and kilometerage......

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
it ended up belonging to a friend of my parents. Only found out the day before.
Found out the day before signing up to buy it?

If so I hope you rang them and had a chat about the car, why the traded it in and its mechanical and body condition and especially whether it had been smash repaired.

Just don’t ask them what they got as a trade in… that may hurt :p