Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Test Drove series 2 SS Redline Manual W407

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I agree. You can barely hear them.
We need more 407 videos, there's bugger all on YouTube, surely there is more people on here who have the w407

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
I was under the impression that Walkinshaw use a generic flash tune with their packs, so it's interesting to hear that formula tech did a custom job for you. Maybe the better drivability you're getting compared to the original test drive vehicle comes down to that custom tune, in other words anyone looking at the W407 should ask the shop beforehand if they can also wave their own magic over it, and still keep the warranty.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
My wife would cut my testicles off with a pair of scissors if I spent 10k on a W407 pack. I wonder how much the cam and it's accessories are to buy and fitted by a local tuner? I already have the exhaust and intake sorted.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
My wife would cut my testicles off with a pair of scissors if I spent 10k on a W407 pack. I wonder how much the cam and it's accessories are to buy and fitted by a local tuner? I already have the exhaust and intake sorted.
It's bloody highway robbery. 1/6 the cost of the car, for a cam, exhaust & tune etc!

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
We need more 407 videos, there's bugger all on YouTube, surely there is more people on here who have the w407

as above the cost is the reason not many getting it done,

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
as above the cost is the reason not many getting it done,
There's a few guys getting around on here that have it, but they won't post any videos

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
I was under the impression that Walkinshaw use a generic flash tune with their packs, so it's interesting to hear that formula tech did a custom job for you. Maybe the better drivability you're getting compared to the original test drive vehicle comes down to that custom tune, in other words anyone looking at the W407 should ask the shop beforehand if they can also wave their own magic over it, and still keep the warranty.

OZ......... i cant say for sure if its a custom tune, all i know is i saw it on dyno, mechanics working on it in front of me, and he said that with this tune
There's a few guys getting around on here that have it, but they won't post any videos

Guys...ive gotta create an account with youtube, plus my mobile cam is a piece of crap.. There are heaps of videos on youtube with w407. watch them.
Regarding the price, yeah its expensive but if the cars a keeper then it wont hurt, plus theres alot more power, plus You Only Live Once.
I only see plus"s boys

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
OZ......... i cant say for sure if its a custom tune, all i know is i saw it on dyno, mechanics working on it in front of me, and he said that with this tune

Guys...ive gotta create an account with youtube, plus my mobile cam is a piece of crap.. There are heaps of videos on youtube with w407. watch them.
Regarding the price, yeah its expensive but if the cars a keeper then it wont hurt, plus theres alot more power, plus You Only Live Once.
I only see plus"s boys
All good mate, I knew that would get your attention haha