Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Test Drove series 2 SS Redline Manual W407

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
OZ......... i cant say for sure if its a custom tune, all i know is i saw it on dyno, mechanics working on it in front of me, and he said that with this tune

Guys...ive gotta create an account with youtube, plus my mobile cam is a piece of crap.. There are heaps of videos on youtube with w407. watch them.
Regarding the price, yeah its expensive but if the cars a keeper then it wont hurt, plus theres alot more power, plus You Only Live Once.
I only see plus"s boys

I'd say that when the tuner asked "where do you want the power?" he was looking after you with a custom job. All good, and I've heard great things about Formula Tech, and I'm sure they'd cover any warranty issues for you, not that I can imagine anything would crop up. When I got my W375 done, there was no talk about setting up a different tune, not that it matters as I've since gone the cam route (different to the Walky stick) and diff gear change so my warranty's long gone. Main thing is you're happy.

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
I'd say that when the tuner asked "where do you want the power?" he was looking after you with a custom job. All good, and I've heard great things about Formula Tech, and I'm sure they'd cover any warranty issues for you, not that I can imagine anything would crop up. When I got my W375 done, there was no talk about setting up a different tune, not that it matters as I've since gone the cam route (different to the Walky stick) and diff gear change so my warranty's long gone. Main thing is you're happy.

Oz..........getting a cam done is a big change to just the exhaust and tune set up, dont you think? Whats the cam like that you went for. i know the Walky cam is on the mild side side to middle range which is what i like. I didnt want a cam that draws too much attention, but you can tell got a cam, and iys got a nice idle too. Was wondering if you knew the specs, and what HP it got too.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Oz..........getting a cam done is a big change to just the exhaust and tune set up, dont you think? Whats the cam like that you went for. i know the Walky cam is on the mild side side to middle range which is what i like. I didnt want a cam that draws too much attention, but you can tell got a cam, and iys got a nice idle too. Was wondering if you knew the specs, and what HP it got too.

Mines auto (don't shoot me!), I went from 280RWKW (375Hp) with the W375 to 320RWKW (430Hp) with a 224/232 114 cam added. Definetly lumpy on idle and a noticeable fuel smell at idle as well, not too offensive but there. Power really comes on strong at 3,000rpm, combined with the diff ratio change it picks up nicely when cruising at 100 and planting the boot.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Mines auto (don't shoot me!), I went from 280RWKW (375Hp) with the W375 to 320RWKW (430Hp) with a 224/232 114 cam added. Definetly lumpy on idle and a noticeable fuel smell at idle as well, not too offensive but there. Power really comes on strong at 3,000rpm, combined with the diff ratio change it picks up nicely when cruising at 100 and planting the boot.
Does anyone know the w407 cam spec?

SSV 407

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
It's bloody highway robbery. 1/6 the cost of the car, for a cam, exhaust & tune etc!

Just throw in a few more bucks and get a blower.

Low down grunt is where is at. Cams just lift the power higher in the rev range. Great for race car. Not great on the street.

Forced induction. Have your cake and eat it to.

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Guys dont quote me on this, but im pretty sure its a 224 224 114 LSA. Anyway i like it Walky have really done there homework to make sure its a good Cam thats gone in there. Why they dont like releasing thew specs has me buggered. Mine as a w375 manual went from 393HP to 446HP