Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sleeper

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
C'mon @crew chief tell the story of what happened. Did your 700hp torque monster twist the hell out of the driveshaft engineered for half that?

Is that your 10.67?

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
I was in Italy in October 2023. 5 weeks of museums, history, art, culture, beauty. We hired cars on 3 occasions and it was very easy driving in Italy. We had one true car day.

Morning: Maserati factory tour Modena. We walked amongst the factory technicians hand assembling the Maserati MC20. Body Assembly, Engine hand assembly, Robo Paint, Operating Dyno cells, leak testing. Suspension testing. Test driving. The total end to end manufacturing process. It was 10/10. One of the highlights of the trip. I want a Maserati after seeing the effort they put in.

Afternoon: Ferrari Museum Maranello. Very cool. 7.5/10

Afternoon: Ferrari Test Drive - 30 minutes. 32 kilometers. We got the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso. A V12 4Wd red Ferrari. Drives have a minder in front seat. We got this car so my wife would have leg room for the back seat. A true 4 seater. At every chance, my co-pilot minder would encourage me to "push". We did quite a few 20kmph rolling runs to about 150 kmph. It was all a big rush. Other times were suburbian and slow. At one point I commented that V12 was a bit doughy but it was at low rpms. I'd thought it was turbo lag but it was a NA V12 so needed some revs. Apparently this car will do a 11.4s quarter so similar to mine.

Late Afternoon: Mantua. Old city. Shakespeare thing. Town square. Cobble stones. Cafe. Church. Clock. Cool.

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
C'mon @crew chief tell the story of what happened. Did your 700hp torque monster twist the hell out of the driveshaft engineered for half that?

Is that your 10.67?
Ha, yes that is my quickest pass yet, 10.67 @135mph! was pretty happy with the trans tuning and feel it's heading in the right direction so a few more tweaks to the shift rpm's back out for another run and...........BANG.....that is what happens when you get some axle tramp on a fairly sticky track.
Replaced the driveshaft the next morning and have a spare one ready for another crack on Sunday at the Bend, a 10.4 is the target.
FB_IMG_1703726668158.jpg

Last edited:

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
That is a nice pic. Great time and mph. Well done.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
OMG. What a fantastic day!! A good mate just bought a BMW 2024 M3 Competition. Matt black. Sports buckets. Carbon everything. Ceramic brakes. V6 twin turbo AWD with 445 kw. 5000kms on the odo. Carbon roof. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tyres in 20's.

A sporty drive an hour north of Sydney, lunch and home. Wow!! I drove the return trip. This car was just amazing. Absolutely the most impressive car I've ever been in. The power, the balance, the grip and handling. It was perfection. The driving program technology choices were amazing. The growl to red line. The active trans was aggressive and perfect. The brakes had golden calipers and pulled up like nothing else.

It stuck to the road like glue. Tight responsive turn in. Like a go cart.

I'm a convert. Driving perfection.

That all said, the VF is a barge but delivers it's power down low with less rpm. The VF is more brutal in power delivery with RWD and less smarts. The M3 had a bit of lag down low in comparison. Once it got above 4000 to 7500rpm, oh boy...hang on. The sports seat were nice and snug for high g force corners. It felt so safe at speed.

Quarter mile times, the M3 is supposed to be good for 11.0 secs. I'm in love.

Add all that with hanging out with a good mate talking ****, a medium steak and a Coopers Pale Ale for the best day.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
OMG. What a fantastic day!! A good mate just bought a BMW 2024 M3 Competition. Matt black. Sports buckets. Carbon everything. Ceramic brakes. V6 twin turbo AWD with 445 kw. 5000kms on the odo. Carbon roof. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tyres in 20's.

A sporty drive an hour north of Sydney, lunch and home. Wow!! I drove the return trip. This car was just amazing. Absolutely the most impressive car I've ever been in. The power, the balance, the grip and handling. It was perfection. The driving program technology choices were amazing. The growl to red line. The active trans was aggressive and perfect. The brakes had golden calipers and pulled up like nothing else.

It stuck to the road like glue. Tight responsive turn in. Like a go cart.

I'm a convert. Driving perfection.

That all said, the VF is a barge but delivers it's power down low with less rpm. The VF is more brutal in power delivery with RWD and less smarts. The M3 had a bit of lag down low in comparison. Once it got above 4000 to 7500rpm, oh boy...hang on. The sports seat were nice and snug for high g force corners,

Quarter mile times, the M3 is supposed to be good for 11.0 secs. I'm in love.

Add all that with hanging out with a good mate talking ****, a medium steak and a Coopers Pale Ale for the best day.

One of my mates has a 2023 in that green colour.

Crazy car.

PS.....on the weekend, he was parked on another mate's front lawn and had a relatively small gap to exit between a brick pillar and another car.

Lawn mate offered to move the car but BMW mate said don;t bother.....it will drive itself out.

He then proceeded to place the Beemer in reverse and hold both hands up in the air while the Beemer maneuvered itself between the gap....steering wheel spinning to and fro with no driver input.