Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 advice

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
Reviving an old thread. This morning driving to work with the wife she called me "a driving Miss Daisy driver'. Cracking the sads I booted the car and soon after the 'Check ESP' and the engine warning lights came on. At the next set of lights, I restarted the engine and lights had all cleared. On the rest of the drive to work the downshifts on the transmission were harsh. On my way to borrow a scanner to check for codes the car drove smoothly. Scanner results threw up a P0300-00 Engine misfire error. I cleared the error and it didn't come back. However when parked or in neutral and I rev the engine it hesitates at about 1000rpm and 3500-4000rpm. I did notice smoke coming out of the exhaust at one stage. It then goes into limp mode and won't go over 3000rpm. Apart from this problem the engines idles smoothly and no problems accelerating or driving at high speeds.

The only thing that has been done to the car the last few weeks is a change of plugs - NGK Iridium.

I have got the scanner and will see what tests I can run on the injectors, coils etc.. to work out the what the problem is.

To make matters worse my mechanic has gone overseas for 3 months :oops:. Anyone have this problem and rectified it or any areas I should focus on? I know this question is like how long is a piece of string.