Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
all good, bottom spring rubber not needed :)
That's why car manufactures put them in for or they would of left them off saving cost.
Now the wheel Alignment is done don't worry about it, the weight will keep them silent long as you don't start going off jumps. When I put my castor bushes on as they were second hand Nolathane they had the left and right set up cabled tied so I was lucky, don't know if they added anything doing the alignment they might have.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thank you for your concern, nolathane strut/radius rod chassis bush kit comes with 3 diff size washers .... my settings on the front radiator side are @ the small washer 2ml on drivers side giving you +1/4 caster and small 2ml plus medium washer 4ml on passenger side giving you -1/4 castor and the car steers perfectly strait. :)

With your knowledge as an experienced aligner, where do you suggest the remaining 3 washers should be placed in order of size/mls for the different driver/passenger sides ???? :)

And yes most roads cambers are sloped to from the middle to outer left shoulder edges for water runoff/puddling on straight roads, however it’s a different scenario on most sweeping curves/bends where generally are flat and whole road surface camber slopes to one side of turn, hence why cars suffer the over/under steer issue when set up for straight roads unlike race tuned setup. :)

Leave it upto you to figure out where they go.....My suggestion isn't fit for this forum, especially where you are concerned

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
That's why car manufactures put them in for or they would of left them off saving cost.
Now the wheel Alignment is done don't worry about it, the weight will keep them silent long as you don't start going off jumps. When I put my castor bushes on as they were second hand Nolathane they had the left and right set up cabled tied so I was lucky, don't know if they added anything doing the alignment they might have.
You don't need them on the bottom, springs sits in slots in place on strut bracket.
What was cable tied that you were lucky with ???? and why would you put on 2/hand worn bushes ????

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Leave it upto you to figure out where they go.....My suggestion isn't fit for this forum, especially where you are concerned

Well you queried my post to OP when I was online last and since you’ve stated you’re a professional aligner it would be good to check/know if my aligner did a proper good job ??

And would help the OP as well plus anyone else in the future since we have the same front end dimensions and you would have to have worked on many of these very common commodore front ends at your place of employment :)

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
What was cable tied that you were lucky with ???? and why would you put on 2/hand worn bushes
Each side was in order with L&R labelled, Why second hand, because they were 60 for the lot and in good condition, also because I wasted money on rubber ones which only lasted 3 months, Nolathane ant cheap new. Yes I understand every car alignment is different that's why after fitting new lower control arms and front radius bushes I got it corrected.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well you queried my post to OP when I was online last and since you’ve stated you’re a professional aligner it would be good to check/know if my aligner did a proper good job ??

And would help the OP as well plus anyone else in the future since we have the same front end dimensions and you would have to have worked on many of these very common commodore front ends at your place of employment :)

I don't know if the aligner did a good job, because I wasn't there, didn't do the job, haven't seen the report , driven the car or have magical powers to report on a car that I have no idea what it looks like....So if you use that car to bring me my motor, along with the alignment report, I can answer the question

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Got a wheel alignement and now she drives beautifully..

Glad it ended up being alignment and you didn't end up going straight to pulling the rack out.

MiKExAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4 Series II
Glad it ended up being alignment and you didn't end up going straight to pulling the rack out.
I think it was air in the Power steering lines that caused the issue - but an alignment after the work definitely made everything feel even better. Cheers

MiKExAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4 Series II
I don't know if the aligner did a good job, because I wasn't there, didn't do the job, haven't seen the report , driven the car or have magical powers to report on a car that I have no idea what it looks like....So if you use that car to bring me my motor, along with the alignment report, I can answer the question

Thinking of doing rear subframe bushes and diff bush at a later stage. These two will probably muck up alignment in the rear again, correct? Any tips for these jobs? I think there are a few posts detailing the procedure with some issues about alignment of the subframe/cradle. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.