Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM/VE no start issue..complicated lol

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ok so its prob sensing no tps so its not going to fire if its not on the vehicle, if u can find out or know which one should be earth then if u can plug in and probe the back of the plug/terminal and give it an earth then try start and if it starts then u just have to find out why or where the earth goes to and fix it or if its no issue then replace earth with new one, also in saying this i dont know if the earth is a trigger or variable to the throttle body so id recommend find out first before giving it a solid earth, also the tuner should be able to control the TB just with key on so if they cant or can with the earth or not then its a way forward also

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
You got two more grounds to check,
They are under the ABS module bolted to the righthand chassis rail, down low.
Check all the earth wires as there are multiple earths connected to these points at the chassis rail under the ABS module.

I'm thinkin motor may have hit the chassis/wires and snipped/crushed them possibly? Anythings possible in a motor tansplant.

And have you checked ALL the fuses,
the fuse panel in the boot, trunk, whatever you wanna call it as 07GTS have pointed out earlier?

what does it do with just key on any dash warnings ? if everything is still same as stock and was just removed and then put back in it sounds like something isnt plugged back in..? shifter for auto is in neutral/park hasnt been bumped so its not going to start thinking its in gear ?
or have u checked rear fuses ? should be engine bay, passenger foot well and boot or wagon have rear fuses also ?
just throwing things out there

You replied to 07GTS this...
at work tonight so not near the POS lol
Shifter in Park etc, checked all fuses in bay and kick panel.
Went over all engine loom again multiple times everything is connected everything looks and feels ok. apart from the two things mentioned previously which I sorted.....should be so simple but all the basics have been covered, numerous times. I'm sure it will be something ridiculously stupid but I'm time poor and after two weeks on and off tearing our hair out I'm at wits end

Have the fuses in the boot been checked?

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeep SRT8, WM Caprice, VE Wagon
ok so its prob sensing no tps so its not going to fire if its not on the vehicle, if u can find out or know which one should be earth then if u can plug in and probe the back of the plug/terminal and give it an earth then try start and if it starts then u just have to find out why or where the earth goes to and fix it or if its no issue then replace earth with new one, also in saying this i dont know if the earth is a trigger or variable to the throttle body so id recommend find out first before giving it a solid earth, also the tuner should be able to control the TB just with key on so if they cant or can with the earth or not then its a way forward also

Ok thanks man ill retest the earths and feed them a ground worse case, see what results. I wasn't sure whether the earth was switched via ecm etc myself.
The tuner is available when he is available if you know what I mean lol on my own mostly with this and one day a week isn't allowing much progress.

You got two more grounds to check,
They are under the ABS module bolted to the righthand chassis rail, down low.
Check all the earth wires as there are multiple earths connected to these points at the chassis rail under the ABS module.

I'm thinkin motor may have hit the chassis/wires and snipped/crushed them possibly? Anythings possible in a motor tansplant.

And have you checked ALL the fuses,
the fuse panel in the boot, trunk, whatever you wanna call it as 07GTS have pointed out earlier?

You replied to 07GTS this...

Have the fuses in the boot been checked?

Cheers for the input mate....
The chassis earths were checked by the guys when they dropped motor in, its the ones off engine harness that were dicky unfortunately, one of the young guys had passion over skill it seems, and caused the issue with rear earth and CAS wiring. Ill definitely check them myself now you mention it though!

Ive been over every fuse and relay in bay, kick panel and boot with DMM as of Sunday yes I can confirm that. Found one dicky fuse in whole car, which happened to be the fuel pump fuse in boot ( which until 07GTS mentioned it I didn't know existed). That sorted that issue! lol

Cheers

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Right so im hoping to get an hr on the car before work tomorrow afternoon! :)

Has anyone got wiring diagram for coil packs/ injector section of loom before I start probing everything? I will go thru the TPS etc at same time but want to nail all areas at once.
Thanks guys!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
injectors are easy they have a common power 12v (pink i think ?) and are triggered by earth from ecu individually, coils have a common power also same bank each side as the injectors each side (same fuse) not sure on wiring layout for the other coil wires

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
90x99d.jpg

14v3azo.jpg

j8ktnn.jpg

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Interesting RiCeY.:cool:

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
07GTS and RiCeY thank you both! I'll post results when I run the checks appreciate the help guys!!!

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok....so firstly thanks for the help guys!

Secondly..what a cock show, got hands on different scanner went thru thing's again. Showed different tale! Turned out to be two things....ECM had one dicky plug, fixed that then the small key transponder (not PCB) wasn't in key!! Locksmith hadn't fitted it when he cut the new blade as old case was damaged, found it in the old case!!!!
What a mess...started and ran this afternoon finally but at least I've found all the dicky areas and sorted those along the way, so small mercies I guess!

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
:rolleyes: Did you give them a mouthfull? F&@# I would have.