Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF II SS cabin air filter

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Have had a Look at "Cabin Air Filter", it looks more sturdy and with extra material over the frame for better fitting. The HEPA filter looks a bit messy as the guy in the video were saying "like a nappy" without support. In theory, the HEPA filter has better filtration than those foam looking "Cabin Air Filter", I am a bit worry about the fitting of the HEPA filter though. I work at building sites, plenty of dusts around, the dash board/HUD usually covered in layers of fine dusts, I fitted a paper filter last week but it was a bit flimsy with small gaps at one side of the filter. But as "Murdoch" said "who cares if it does not 100% completely seal, it would still be better than the rubbish mesh one that's standard".

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I’ll do another video, the medium tucks perfectly into the recess as a replacement for the paper but is not rigid so better coverage and fit. It is secure and there are no air gaps.
I drive all over the place, 300k km over six years and never had to clean the vents. My work takes me through snow country and sometimes hours of unsealed roads, pollen, sprays, dust storms, etc.
I will get a pic of vents too.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I’ll do another video, the medium tucks perfectly into the recess as a replacement for the paper but is not rigid so better coverage and fit. It is secure and there are no air gaps.
I drive all over the place, 300k km over six years and never had to clean the vents. My work takes me through snow country and sometimes hours of unsealed roads, pollen, sprays, dust storms, etc.
I will get a pic of vents too.
The paper filter seems useless to me. I've sometimes wondered if I was sold the wrong type. It just doesn't seem to fit properly. Clearly it's not sealing, or it would be black as by now.
The soft material type is a great idea @monstar

Last edited:

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
I have no idea if mine has been fitted with the Cabin filter or not (haven't checked) but out of curiosity if a cabin filter has been installed or i ever do install one my self what is the average time until its recommended next to change the filter?
Thanks in advance.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
A year, I think. Reality depends on how much and where you drive in that year.
Thanks.
Not too bad and yep makes sense of course. Next time mine is due for a service i might take a peak under the plastic cover to see if indeed theres a cabin filter in there on not.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Thanks.
Not too bad and yep makes sense of course. Next time mine is due for a service i might take a peak under the plastic cover to see if indeed theres a cabin filter in there on not.
There is normally a sticker if the car is optioned with it...

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
The paper filter seems useless to me. I've sometimes wondered if I was sold the wrong type. It just doesn't seem to fit properly. Clearly it's not sealing, or it would be black as by now.
Perhaps you really are living in the cleanest place on earth, or have the "air recirculate" switch on all the time?:D

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Perhaps you really are living in the cleanest place on earth, or have the "air recirculate" switch on all the time?:D
Yeah, nah. I just think the filter doesn't seal.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yeah, nah. I just think the filter doesn't seal.
It does if you install it correctly. I have installed many over the few years and it does fit where the mesh filter sits.