Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
That's what the dealer said ? all small cars have severe blow by ? boy fact is any blow by new or not, is not right at all. the rings can not be doing their job, one thing maybe is that it was not run in correctly but only putted about and such glazed the bores, the only thing that destroys good engines like such is not getting up them enough, a lot of people believe you have to be gentle to a new engine, such is totally wrong.
I have never seen a new engine bugger up from being driven hard.
Yep. They also told her tge knock was caused by a faulty "oil seperator". They got that right, as this shitbox is down the drain. Oh, that's not even the worst of it either Zeke. A past service manager now departed, told her there was nothing wrong with the car, almost verbatim, "girls can't drive manuals. You need to rev it up more." He was very oplogetic (to my girl) after I confronted him about it. Thing is, this turkey new absolutely nothing about cars. I made him get in and come for a drive to a nearby steep hill. I demonstrated the issue. "Oh, that doesn't sound right". He said. No joy though.
Next new clutch...gearbox fails...rebuid trannny (again)...new clutch (again). Clutch is **** from day 1. Normal they say. It slips going up steep hills ffs!
It's spent at least 6 weeks at the dealer in the last few months. Everytime they touch it, something else goes wrong.
Re the blowby: all engines have some. That's normal. But this thing is an air pump. Take the oil cap off and it just roars pressurised air out.
Sorry to the Ford boys, but Ford is **** I'm view. The worst customer service ever.
This is a clear case for a full refund under the ACL. So, it will be an interesting test case...
Rant over, sorry for the hijack. But, it's relevant i think.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Definitely sounds like she got a lemon there but the worst part of this whole story is the fact that if they believe that they can pull the wool over your eyes they will even though they are fully aware that it is a lemon.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Definitely sounds like she got a lemon there but the worst part of this whole story is the fact that if they believe that they can pull the wool over your eyes they will even though they are fully aware that it is a lemon.
Spot on.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I'm about to test this, over my Daughter's Ford Hocus Pocus Focus. It's been a POS since the day she bought it. Both Ford and the local Ford dealer have continually fobbed her off. It's had 2 new transmissions, constant clutch issues and now the engine is knocking, eminating from the crankcase, and severe blow by. So bad, it spurts oil out the dipstick tube. It's so gutless it strugless to climb hills or take off on a grade, where our Mazda 2 flies up with no trouble.
All they have done this time is changed the oil and said in a msg to my girl, "we've changed the oil, the noise is gone now, your car is ready to collect". Oh and "all small cars have bad blow by. Don't worry about it, it will settle down."
I'm calling them tomorrow to give them another massive rev.
I'll be lodging a claim through ACCC tomorrow. So OP, I'll let you know how it pans out. May be of some assistance to you?

While we are side tracked from OP, @426Cuda I'm not sure if you are aware but the ACCC has put a good deal of work into dealers/manufacturers and how they treat their customers.

Their report has only recently been released. I haven't read it all at this stage but here is the link - https://www.accc.gov.au/about-us/market-studies/new-car-retailing-industry-market-study/final-report

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride

Thof

JR Sen
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY13 VF SSV sedan - Phantom
Cuda, I think it was last Saturdays Herald Sun where there was an ad for a class action against Ford, which I recall including the Focus and its gearbox (there was lots of others words, but I'm a pretty simple bastard and can't recall them...). Dunno if this is anyway aligned, but hope it goes your daughters way... and of course good luck for our HSV brother...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cuda, I think it was last Saturdays Herald Sun where there was an ad for a class action against Ford, which I recall including the Focus and its gearbox (there was lots of others words, but I'm a pretty simple bastard and can't recall them...). Dunno if this is anyway aligned, but hope it goes your daughters way... and of course good luck for our HSV brother...
Thanks JR.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
and of course good luck for our HSV brother...
OP is challenging Walkinshaw aftermarket performance parts franchise, not HSV.
Similar, but Walkinshaw Performance does not make cars, and just to clarify a bit further HSV is nothing to do with Holden Racing Team, despite HSV using the Holden Racing Team flag on Occassion and the lion / helmet logo as their brand in marketing.
Walkinshaw is nothing but a lucre aid stinkbag, HRT (and HDT) are legend.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
OP is challenging Walkinshaw aftermarket performance parts franchise, not HSV.
Similar, but Walkinshaw Performance does not make cars, and just to clarify a bit further HSV is nothing to do with Holden Racing Team, despite HSV using the Holden Racing Team flag on Occassion and the lion / helmet logo as their brand in marketing.
Walkinshaw is nothing but a lucre aid stinkbag, HRT (and HDT) are legend.

I assumed Walkinshaw had a controlling interest in both HSV and HRT (before GMH took away the rights to the HRT name and gave it to Red Bull) ?