Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

28 days until TUNE (advice on E85 and supporting mods please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
I've never understood why some people are so number obsessed when dyno tuning a car with an otr and exhaust. in a car that has basic bolt ons its all about seat of the pants feeling, mine doesn't make bulk power[under 250rwkw from memory on 98] but is an absolute joy to drive has nice acceleration/torque down low.

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE
IMAG0082.jpgIMAG0084.jpgIMAG0085.jpgIMAG0086.jpgIMAG0087.jpgIMAG0088.jpg
At that power level 10rwkw is less than a 5% variance, it's nothing. If it makes you feel better take it back and get them to strap it down weak like most places and you'll have your 260rwkw sheet.
I find it hard to believe that the throttle response is worse than it was before.

simple math 5-10 + 260kw = 265-270KW

I am losing on both counts the car is a disappointment to drive it doesn't make the numbers and i think the blue line is stock. on average a vf SS with auto makes around 215rwkw on 98 on e85 220rwkw good possibility

you guys are unreal you don't see anything wrong the check engine light funny no comments there.

check out these photo's and tell me you don't see anything wrong

anyone who has similar mods and wants to drive my car back to back feel free if its me i'll shut up. why is it you all just assume there is nothing wrong?

photo's

CAI :Looks pretty!! too bad its not actually sealed off from the engine bay has no cold air feed and the actual pod filter is rammed up hard against the inner wheel guard and chassis rail in a closed off void behind the bumper.

EXTRACTORS : have virtually zero collector before stepping down to a 2.5 inlet cat yeah awesome for scavenging, gas velocity etc (no arrow spike, no length to secondarys for torque)

Last edited:

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 and VK berlina 3.3
what do the photos prove?
the check engine light could be lots of things not just something the tuner has done, could be a bad coincidence but def needs to be looked at.
Honestly mate sounds like you wanted the world but on a shoestring budget and if ya wanted it like a WP kit why didn't you just get that one ?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Isn't a manual in the video? Would explain the 274rwkw.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
in your first post you mentioned GMM and then went to APS, any reason for this?

As for having "Less throttle response, less torque until 4000-4500rpm" is this just putting your car in D and driving or is this in sports/manual mode on the transmission.

As for those pics, exhaust looks right, but the intake looks like a throw together design. If i was you id consider getting an otr and trying to sell that intake.

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE
what do the photos prove?
the check engine light could be lots of things not just something the tuner has done, could be a bad coincidence but def needs to be looked at.
Honestly mate sounds like you wanted the world but on a shoestring budget and if ya wanted it like a WP kit why didn't you just get that one ?

Because I do my research why would I pay $6500 for the same gain as $2500 approx.

I paid the $3350 a grand extra for a gain I never received

Its not about a shoestring budget (I could drop another 10k if I wanted it supercharged)its being smart and getting value for money not wank factor

I don't really care what it sounds like its better than stock

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
What diff, man/auto?

Yeah mate, that's ****. I thought it would be brilliant, maybe there's more to the dyno report as well btw.

Last edited:

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE
in your first post you mentioned GMM and then went to APS, any reason for this?

As for having "Less throttle response, less torque until 4000-4500rpm" is this just putting your car in D and driving or is this in sports/manual mode on the transmission.

As for those pics, exhaust looks right, but the intake looks like a throw together design. If i was you id consider getting an otr and trying to sell that intake.

I was going to GM but according to them there is no gain on E85 and mafless tune (Danny who answers is rude and not very knowledgeable) APS was recomended by PIR4TE and i had only read positive things

Status
Not open for further replies.