Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Calais wheel with Brembo 4 pot rear calipers.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
They definitely clear Brembos. I have seen them fitted with Brembo brakes. I would know all about it in some research I undertook a while back ;)

Someone on this forum did it and there were pictures of it. I just cant remember what topic was.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
They definitely clear Brembos. I have seen then fitted with Brembo brakes. I would know all about it in some research I undertook a while back ;)
I was thinking of you when the question was asked.
I haven't seen any pictures with VFs other than Calais and Caprice with these wheels. And SS non redlline. None had factory fitted brembos

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
They definitely clear Brembos. I have seen them fitted with Brembo brakes. I would know all about it in some research I undertook a while back ;)

Someone on this forum did it and there were pictures of it. I just cant remember what topic was.
Yes I saw those as well. A member that hasn't been around for a few years but was only a picture of the front so don't know if he did the rears as well

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
It seems those who say they won't fit are having a guess and got it wrong!

Ron, what wheels were fitted with the police pack brake option, these or the 5 spoke 18's?
I thought the standard wheels fit with the police brake pack as they weren't much larger than the standard v8 brakes?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Police pack Evokes with 16" wheels had the stock V6 brakes and I'm thinking they must have been fitted to the police pack V8's.

Here's another thread with Series 1 SSV wheels clearing Brembo's.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vf-front-brembo-with-ssv-wheels.273705/

For base Police Spec SV6 and SS's, the single piston Mando police brakes (Caprice PPV Spec) fit the 18's that came on them.

Both your SV6's original silver ones, and the 2017's that had the black inside finish and machined face (MY16 Black Edition and MY17 Standard)

Pic below is of a previous police spec base SS that I came across.

IMG_4993.jpeg